Super foods that Every Woman Should be Eating
We have all heard the term super food but might not know what that means. Super foods are those that provide a large amount of nutrients but are light on calories. Super foods often contain nutrients that we need which our bodies do not produce naturally. Also, if you are a woman, your body has needs for certain nutrients that may be different from what men need. Here are some of the super foods that every woman should be eating:
- Blueberries –Studies have shown that blueberries help to lower blood pressure, improve motor skills, and prevent memory loss. Plus, these berries are rich in antioxidants that fight wrinkles and signs of aging, and they are low in calories. Although experts say that wild blueberries are the best, you can find fresh blueberries or frozen ones at almost any supermarket.
- Broccoli – This dark green vegetable is rich in many nutrients that women need including calcium iron, potassium, fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin C. There is also research that suggests eating broccoli can help prevent breast cancer by fighting excess levels of estrogen.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are packed with all sorts of vitamins and minerals as well as fiber, protein, and heart-healthy omega-3s. Moreover, studies have shown that walnuts help to fight cancer, lower cholesterol, make your sleep better, and help you cope with stress so you don’t turn to junk food when upset or anxious.
- Greek Yogurt – Not only is Greek yogurt delicious, but it is also high in calcium which is important to keep your bones strong and prevent osteoporosis. Plus, Greek yogurt is high in probiotics which helps to keep you regular and ease the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, a condition that affects mostly women.
- Dark Chocolate – Yes, dark chocolate not only tastes amazing but it is good for you! Dark chocolate has a ton of antioxidants and has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. It also contains important minerals for strong bones including magnesium, zinc, copper, and phosphorus. Be sure to keep your daily intake to just one-quarter of an ounce!
Considering how good super foods taste it is not a chore to eat and take good care of your overall health. Try to think of foods as nutrients not only as a way to get “full”. Many foods have medicinal purposes and help ailments. Research your food a little, you will be surprised by what you may find.
If you are in New York City and interested in joining an all woman’s boot camp please visit NYC ADVENTURE BOOT CAMP, mention that you found us through our blog for and extra 15% off a membership. Come work out like a GIRL!!!
Subscribe to our Blog
Follow us on Twitter
Friend us on Face Book