Having a baby is one of the most wonderful, rewarding experiences that any woman can have. But many women wonder if it is possible to get to their pre-baby weight after the baby arrives. I do not advocate losing the weight right away, after all it is a natural process and your body has to recover. But once your doctor gives you the go ahead, there are things that can help you lose weight and get back into shape.
- Drink plenty of water: If you want to lose weight after pregnancy, the best thing you can do is drink plenty of water. Drinking as much as 10-12 glasses a day can really help to lose the weight you have gained during your pregnancy. Also, stay away from the sugary drinks.
- Eat more lean meats: To lose pregnancy weight you can eat lean meats such as leaned cuts of beef, ground turkey and chicken breast.
- Make a habit of eating whole grains: If you really want to get rid of those extra pounds gained during pregnancy, examples of these are oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat breads and pastas.
- Light exercise: Light exercises such as climbing the stairs instead of using the elevator or going for a walk in the park are examples on how to slowly start getting back into shape. If you have a jogging stroller go for a 20-30 minute walk around your neighborhood. Consult with your doctor to check when starting boot camp is possible.
- Resist your food cravings: It is obvious that pregnant women are sometimes told to resist their food cravings in their pregnancy. This is also applied to women who have already given birth. Resisting your food cravings will not only help you lose weight but will also keep you away from eating foods that are not healthy and may cause harm to you as well as to your baby, especially if breast feeding.
- Eat healthy snacks: It is essential that you eat healthy. Keep healthy snacks around, like celery or carrot sticks with hummus, fresh fruits and nuts in case you feel hungry between meals and you won’t over eat when it is time to eat a larger meal.
- Joining a boot camp: NYC Adventure Boot camp is the a great way to lose weight after having your baby. It is fun, it is exciting and it is packed with all sorts of exercises which help you lose that extra weight. You will also be surrounded by other mothers that share your struggles and will be very supportive and encouraging.
We all know that losing weight and feeling good is not all about appearances. But it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Especially after the birth of a child, you need to keep up and not feel sluggish and tired. It is also important to set an example to your child on how to eat and live healthy a healthy.
If you have any questions regarding this article, please feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you. Thanks.